Pages

Monday 26 October 2020

Jeremiah 31:25-28 - I will refresh the weary

31:25,26

“I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint”. Note how this is personal, and that it is God who does the refreshing. It does not say “you will be refreshed”, but “I will refresh”. Now consider the words of Jesus in Matt 11:28 “Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest”. So see a fulfilling of Old Testament prophecy, and Jesus doing what God says He would do.

Jeremiah then woke up. Evidently God had been speaking to him in a dream, and it was quite detailed. His sleep had been pleasant to him.


31:27,28

There are a number of key things here. As always, the emphasis is on what God does, and also on what He did. He watched over them to “uproot and tear down”, and now He will watch over them to “build and to plant”. Then Israel and Judah are united. They were opposed to each other, but in Christ they will be united.


No comments:

Post a Comment