Pages

Wednesday 13 November 2019

Isaiah 44:21,22 - I have blotted out your transgressions

44:21
God calls on Israel to “remember these things”. They are to remember the reality of what idol worship is all about, ultimately it is built upon lies and futility. They are also to remember that God they are God’s servant, they were created by Him, and He will look after them. We would all do well to remember these things, both as individuals and as churches. We are here to serve the Lord, and that means carrying out His plans, not our own plans.

44:22
Then He tells them that He has swept their sins away. This is so important. As well as basic unbelief, a major problem in coming to know and trust in the living God is that if God is who He says He is, how on earth can I have anything to do with Him? I have sinned against Him, what would He want with me except to punish me for my sins? But He has swept our offences away, He has redeemed us, therefore God calls us to return to Him. Remember that He said this to a nation that had repeatedly sinned against Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment