Pages

Tuesday 8 June 2021

Ezekiel 37:13,14 - I will put my Spirit in you

37:13

“Then you, my people, will know ..” Notice the term “my people”. They had behaved like anything but being God’s people, and the consequences had gone along with that. But God’s plans are not disrupted by man’s sin. That does not mean our sin does not matter, what had just happened to Judah and Israel clearly demonstrated that, but God’s purposes would not be thwarted. Notice that the people realise that God is the Lord when they experience practical acts of salvation. This is absolutely not supporting “social gospel” type theology, but in the gospels we see people believing in Christ being associated with practical outworkings (though of course, this was not true in all cases!). 


37:14

“I will put my Spirit in you and you will live”. Salvation is the work of God. He is the One who gives us life and makes us alive. “I will settle you in your own land”. God’s making us alive has practical outworkings, and it involves giving us a degree of independence. When we know the Lord we are truly alive. we become truly free when we are filled with the Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment