Pages

Thursday 1 January 2015

A New Year Reflection

I look back on the year in wonder. Things I feared might happen faded away, but a far more fierce battle was going to ensue. One that went on all year, and isn’t over yet. One that brought new fears and new stresses. At several points I just felt like giving up. Again there were fears that never materialised, but then worse things that did happen, but things that failed to defeat me. And here I am at the end of the year still in one piece. Most important of all, my faith is stronger now than it was at the beginning.
Two key lessons. One is the importance of the relationship we have with the Lord. The fact that we love God matters to Him (Psalm 91:14-16), and we are precious to Him.
The other is that the Spirit of God will blow when He needs to (John 3:8). We want to be in control, we may even try to control God by prayer and fasting (and prayer and fasting are good, by the way). But we cannot control Him, we cannot control the future, and we do not need to. The Spirit will blow in our life at just the right time and in just the right way.

So my prayer for year ahead is “Your kingdom come, your will be done, in my life as it is in heaven”.

No comments:

Post a Comment