Pages

Sunday 21 April 2019

Easter Day 3 - He's Alive

Easter Day 3 - He’s Alive!

This is the third and final of my three Easter posts. The other two can be found here:

On this day the world of the disciples was turned upside down. The women went to the tomb in order to anoint Jesus’ body with spices, as was the custom. But when they went there they found that the heavy stone that sealed the tomb had been rolled away and the tomb was empty. They were met by an angel who told them that Jesus “is not here, He has risen!” (Mark 16:6). Then Peter and John went to the tomb, and they too found it was empty (John 20:1-10). At that point all they had was an empty tomb. Things were not what they expected, but they had not yet seen the risen Christ.
Then there were various instances of Jesus appearing to groups of the disciples. To the women, to the disciples in locked rooms, to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus, to the disciples by the shore. Then Jesus ascended to heaven, promising to return. But He was not leaving us alone, He would send the Holy Spirit to dwell within us. Moreover, there was work to be done, the work of making Christ known to the world. There is a purpose to our lives, a purpose and meaning that is found only in Christ.

Because of what happened on that cross two thousand years ago I am free to live, I am free to love. I am free to give because He gave all for me.
One day I will die, but I know that day is not the end, but only the end of the beginning. I will live and reign with Him forever. And I can live now, not for myself, but for Him and for those whom He calls me to love. Sometimes this will involve a great cost, but if we share in His sufferings we will also share in His victory. His victory won through suffering.

If you already know Jesus, then may He open your hearts and minds all the more to the victory of Easter. Maybe you don’t know Jesus yet. May be you only have an empty tomb. You know somethings up, but cannot understand what. May be it means nothing at all. If that is you, can I encourage you to ask God to make Himself real to you. Jesus is the hope of my life, the reason for my life, He is my everything. May He be your everything too.

No comments:

Post a Comment