Pages

Wednesday 3 February 2021

Ezekiel 3:12-15 - I went in the anger of my spirit

3:12-15

“Then the Spirit lifted me up ...” Remember this is a vision, and we are not talking about levitation here! The Spirit empowered Ezekiel to get on with the task. At the same time he heard a great noise, it was not just Ezekiel doing the work. God was working, and He was involving Ezekiel in that work.

“I went in bitterness and in the anger of my spirit”. This is a strange phrase. It may mean that Ezekiel was now sharing something of the anger that God had against the sin of His people, but the “strong hand of the Lord” was on Him. Isaiah also had the strong hand of the Lord upon him.

Ezekiel sat among the people at Tel Aviv (or Tel Abib), and was deeply distressed, presumably about all the things that had happened, and why they had happened. The Tel Aviv here is not the modern Tel Aviv in Israel.


No comments:

Post a Comment