Pages

Sunday 26 August 2012

Romans 14:5-12 - Days

The next issue is one of special days. This probably refers to some people considering certain Jewish festivals to be special and others not doing so. In present day terms the nearest equivalent would be our attitude towards Sunday, and possibly various seasons in the Christian calender (Easter, Christmas, Pentecost etc).
The key thing is to be convinced in our own mind, and then to respect the views of others. Do I have a clear conscience with what I do before the Lord? Two people can take different views yet both can be equally honouring the Lord. So if you make Sunday very special that is fine, if someone else does not, that is also fine.We are to live and die for the Lord.
So first we decide in our own mind what is right before God. Then we respect the other person. So if I treat Sunday as much the same as any other day and you don't you had better not judge me as somehow being inferior to you. Equally, I should not judge you, thinking that somehow you are less free than me. By the way, I am just using this as an illustration, I don't have extreme views on the place of Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment