Pages

Sunday 14 June 2020

Matthew 3:16,17 - This is my Son, whom I love

3:16
Jesus was baptised, then the Spirit of God descended upon Him. So there was the human element to baptism, and the God element. The Spirit being upon Jesus is an essential part of His being the Messiah, Is 61:1,2 being the most important Old Testament text in this regard. 

3:17

Then a voice from heaven said “This is my Son, whom I love, with Him I am well pleased”.Some people are forever going on about did Jesus think He was the Son of God, did the early church think He was the Son of God, or was it an idea that came about many years later. These sorts of questions, and the people who ask them, really are incredibly silly. Most important of all, God thought Jesus was the Son of God! And there is no evidence anywhere in the gospels that Jesus was ever unaware of the fact. Luke 2:49 shows that even when He was twelve year old Jesus knew whom His Father was.

No comments:

Post a Comment