Pages

Friday 4 March 2016

Romans 6:9,10 - Do you want to live for God?

6:9
Atheists like to caricature Christianity as believing something despite the evidence. Nothing could be further from the truth. “We know Christ was raised from the dead”. Our faith is based upon solid facts, and the most fundamental is that Christ was raised from the dead. Christ’s resurrection was very different from that of Lazarus, for Lazarus died of something else later. Christ rose never to die again. He was raised to eternal life, and we too will be raised to eternal life. When we are raised things will change forever, we will change forever. Death no longer has mastery over Christ.

6:10

So why did Christ die? For He was perfect, He was without sin, yet He still died. He died because of our sin, and He died to sin. He died to make an end of sin, to do away with it. Remember Paul is still dealing with the nonsensical question “shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase” (6:1). So suppose I say I believe in Christ, what am I believing in? I am saying I believe that Christ died for my sins, He died carrying the guilt of my sin. And then He rose again, and the life He lived before the cross, and the life He lives now He lives for God. He died to that I too can live for God. Only become a Christian if you want to live for God. In fact the offer of the gospel is “do you want to live for God?”. If you don’t then the gospel has nothing to offer you and you can continue on your not so merry way to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment