Pages

Sunday 21 June 2015

Just an ordinary day

Just an ordinary day. Nothing dramatic, no crises, just going about my business, but constantly weighed down. The events of the past, the mistakes I have made, the sins committed, the drudgery of life, like a weight around my neck, but I just get on with life as best I can.
Off to the well, something I do everyday, and will continue to do everyday. But wait, why is there a man there? He isn't from around here.
He speaks to me. Why would he do that? 
"If you knew who I was you would ask of me and I would give you the gift of life."
How can he give me that? What is he on about?
"I will give you water that will become a spring of eternal life within you."
Does that mean I won't have to keep coming to this well? Then he starts getting personal! Starts talking about my life and seems to know more about it than I do. Better not let him get too close, I don't like this. Better keep him at a distance, but he keeps talking, and his words keep drilling deeper into my soul. I feel frightened, but there is something strange about his words. He touches the deepest wounds in me, the places I want to forget about, yet his words seem to bring healing. Who is this man?
"I am your saviour".
So I want to tell everyone, go and listen to this man.

Go and listen to Jesus.
[John 4]

No comments:

Post a Comment